Save money with CCA Heating & Cooling Tips!
Check back here for great tips and tricks from Converse Conditioned Air to save you money.
- During warmer months set your thermostat at a temperature you find comfortable with the difference between the indoor and outdoor temperatures as close as possible. This will lower your overall cooling costs.
- Keep your house warmer than normal when you are away, and lower the thermostat setting when you return home and need cooling. A programmable thermostat allows you to do this automatically and without sacrificing comfort.
- Do not turn the temperature lower than normal when you first turn on your air conditioner. It will not cool your home any quicker and can put undue stress on your equipment.
- Scheduling regular maintenance for your cooling equipment can keep your equipment running efficiently keeping your energy bills low.
- Replacing old equipment with new more energy-efficient equipment. This can save you hundreds on your energy bill.
4 Furnace Tips:
- Changing your filter regularly can increase your systems efficiency.
- Programmable Thermostats are the best way to save on your monthly gas bills.
- Keep your humidity levels higher in the winter. Investing in a whole house Humidifier will actually help transfer heat better, allowing you to keep your temperature lower while still being as comfortable.
- Make sure you have your furnace inspected and tuned up every year to ensure its running at peak efficiency. One faulty part can place strain on the rest of the system, and can lead to sudden breakdowns. Learn more about our Maintenance Program.
with CCA Heating & Tips
As the gas prices rise this winter, two of the best ways to save money on your energy bills are:
- Use your programmable thermostat and have it automatically turn down your home temperature when you will be away or asleep.
- Upgrade your equipment. Upgrading your older less efficient equipment to a high-efficiency furnace can save you up to 25% on your energy bill.